"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed."

Psalm 82 v 3

Donations and Gifting

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Miracles Never Cease

After a morning of heartfelt praying fervently seeking the Lord and His direction in all of this. Oh my dear Lord, you are so amazing to me. God provided us with a sweet miracle and clearly pointed the way to go.

Today God provided a miracle considered small to some but gigantic to me. Having lost our referral of 3 children, we wanted to have the option of considering God's special needs children as well as healthy children for a new referral. God has placed the children who are waiting for a home on our hearts, so that they can spend less time waiting for a home. I prefer not to be a parent waiting for a child when there are wonderful precious ones who need me already.

The agency who did our homestudy had told us they could not do an addendum without being specific about what kinds of special needs children we could or would accept. It sounded like it would be a battle, and that we may not get the addendum at all to add special needs children as an option for us. My response to this was that all children are special regardless of their challenge or handicap. My husband and I want the option to consider any special needs or healthy child because only God knows which children will come our way. We did not want to eliminate one child for the sake of having this specific problem or that specific disorder. God loves all of us with all our dents, dings and imperfections. They make us each rare unique and special. I have plenty of my own dings. :)

I was floored when I got a call from the social worker who said they would do the addendum to add that they are fine with us considering special needs children as well. I will be even more stunned when it comes in the mail.

For all of you parents and most especially Rachel Wilson who encouraged us on and to not give up, thank you ! We appreciate every prayer.
Thank you Jesus for your direction.

Jennifer Richardson
www.richardsonstudios.blogspot.com

1 comment:

S and K said...

Praising God with you!!!!

Love,
Katy

I Will Be With You Wherever You Go

I WILL BE WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO !
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9


We have a heart for orphaned children, abandoned children, special needs children, parents of each of these children, adoption, Liberia, Ethiopia, Africa, and the Children in Need of Loving Homes around the World and our prayers are with each of them.

Parent Support - Join - Academy of the Possible

Followers