"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed."

Psalm 82 v 3

Donations and Gifting

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Message From Gabriela

I was adopted from Ukraine. I was adopted from another family before this one, and that was very hard for me. It made me feel very angry because I liked them. They had a cat I liked. I remember that the orphanage had 22 beds in one room, and there were 23 kids and one stayed with the grown-ups because she was a baby.

Being adopted in this family, made me feel safer. I love this family. I have ADHD and Bipolar Disorder, and I struggle with it. Now, I am doing much better because I take my medicine responsibility. It makes me feel better and be in control.

If people who want to adopt have ADHD or want to help kids who have ADHD, they should get a book on how to help and not give up. In the future, I want to help other kids who have ADHD and build my own website. If you need help with ADHD, it is important to find it and get it.

If you adopt kids, you should talk to them and talk about their feelings. Then, it is easier to find out how they are feeling. You should look at books with them about what they have so you can better understand your kids.

Having a mom and dad now makes me feel cared about and protected.

Gabriela Richardson
Age 9
www.richardsonstudios.blogspot.com

1 comment:

S and K said...

Gabriela,
What a great post. You are an amazing young woman and I pray that God will use you incredibly in the lives of other children.

I Will Be With You Wherever You Go

I WILL BE WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO !
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9


We have a heart for orphaned children, abandoned children, special needs children, parents of each of these children, adoption, Liberia, Ethiopia, Africa, and the Children in Need of Loving Homes around the World and our prayers are with each of them.

Parent Support - Join - Academy of the Possible

Followers