"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed."

Psalm 82 v 3

Donations and Gifting

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Prednisone and Seizures / Propanolol and Seizures

My 14 year old son has been seizure free for 3 months. He was diagnosed with Lupus officially in Aug '09. Started having seizures Sept. '09 with partials. Started chemo Oct. '09 when he had a grand mal. Chemo ended Jan. '10, but seizures still increased over the next few months after Oct. Now, in the last 4-5 months he is getting better and stronger. Off Prednisone Sept. '10 and seizures stopped the same month. Off Propanolol Oct. '10.

Has anyone ever heard Prednisone causing seizures? Or Propanolol?

Jennifer Richardson
www.richardsonstudios.com

3 comments:

Joy McDaniel said...

My son who is 7 has been diagnosed with having an ischemic stroke and now suffers with seizures. He also has elevated antibodies. We have tried 4 different seizure meds to try and keep his seizures under control and is not doing a very good job. Now the Dr wants us to try high doses of prednisone and we are a nervous. They also have been thinking he may have lupus. So if you have any thoughts or advice it would be much appreciated. mcdajoy@gmail.com

The Richardsons said...

Dear Joy,

I don't see an email. If I missed it then I apologize. Feel free to email me privately at academyofthepossible@gmail.com

I posted a long answer to you in my most recent post on my blog because it was too long to fit here.

Please read the new post or email me or both.

God bless you,
Jennifer

The Richardsons said...

Sorry Joy. I found it. It has been a long day. I emailed you a long answer. I hope it helps.

Jennifer

I Will Be With You Wherever You Go

I WILL BE WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO !
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9


We have a heart for orphaned children, abandoned children, special needs children, parents of each of these children, adoption, Liberia, Ethiopia, Africa, and the Children in Need of Loving Homes around the World and our prayers are with each of them.

Parent Support - Join - Academy of the Possible

Followers